Thursday, April 27, 2006

Who

Tuesday was Anzac Day, and for the first time I had the chance to go to the dawn service.
I've grown up around the whole war rememberance thing, seen the movies and the documentaries, read the books; but it never felt quite so real and awful as it did at 5.45am, in pitch black, freezing cold and with 30,000 other people.
I went with my brother and sister both younger than me, and I was surprised to see how many young people were there (that makes me sound old) I guess it goes to show that you can't judge people at all.
Listening to the atrocious things they went through and how they still had a joke made me feel so sad and disgusted that people would do this to each other, and at the same time so proud knowing that thats my culture, it's so Australian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home