Monday, January 08, 2007

I Wish I Lived in The 1950's - Part Two

Clothes.
They had sensible but still relatively stylish clothes poodle skirts and blouses and shirts and trousers, not like these days with their weird puffy skirts which nobody looks good in and theirmassive sunglasses and their pants hanging halfway or sometime uncovering all of their behinds (actually sometimes I don't mind that ;).

Men.
I know that I already used this one in I Wish I Lived In The 1950's - Part One, but given the fact that I'm in a total slump in this department I'd like to use it again.
MEN SUCK!
In the 50's everyones paired up by the end of high school and THATS IT, no swapping. The boy takes the girl to their senior dance and thinks she looks swell even if she is a real dog and brings her a corsage (which I always thought was kinda daggy but each to their own, its the thought that counts) and then they dance, nicely, to good music and he says "Gee Wiz ..instert name here.. you're the prettiest girl at this dance" ..... again as I'm led to believe from the movies. Which brings me too.....

Dance.
I think this one is pretty obvious, even though it can be pretty full on, think grease / dirty dancing, their dancing was awesome. Enough said.

Values.
Girls in the 50's didn't skank around giving oral sex and hand jobs to every guy that came along. In fact I'm betting that even when they got married they weren't into any of that kinky shit... missionary all the way and seperate beds after their 2 children (one boy one girl) were born.
It's not an original point but with the introduction of all this technology and more money and whatever else everyones morals decreased significantly.
They weren't putting nearly naked or sometimes completely naked chicks on billboards and advertising drugs for erectile dysfunction were they? NO

........Theres a reason that they called a tv show about the 50's Happy Days ........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home