Friday, January 19, 2007

Indifference

I'm not sure if I should admit this in public, but with the exception of my immediate family (parents, grandparents, siblings and even pets) I am indifferent to people dying.

I'm not evil, I'm not heartless, it's not that I don't care, but for some reason unless I go to the funeral (where it's guaranteed I'll cry like a baby), I just.... I don't know, as much as I try there's nothing.
This confuses me because when it comes to pretty much anything else happening to someone or something eg; torture, breaking up with a partner, losing a job, losing a licence, being humiliated in public pretty much ANYTHING but death, I'm the most empathetic person I know, to the point where I physically feel ill for someone.

The reason I'm writing about this is that my aunt - my grandmothers aunt..... great aunt?, had a massive stroke last week and passed away on sunday. While I feel awful that she is gone because I remember her as being an awesome person, I can't cry for her, or anyone for that matter.

Maybe indifferent isn't the right word because I do care, but I just don't feel anything.
Is that possible?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home